The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Interview with Brian Biedul

Q)Something about you…what you want…
A)I am a sculptor of space and more precisely, the gestalt space that exists inside the mind of the viewer.
Q) What are your main goals when you create?

A)I am striving in my work for a sense of completion, that the work feels whole.

Q) Do you rule by any tendency in your creative work, or you only follow what comes in your mind?
A)I take an idea and put it through my personal filter, if it comes through I follow it to it's own conclusion.
Q)How has the internet and your website helped you spread your artwork to a wider audience?

A)Referring people to my site helps them understand my work and I hope gives me an audience outside the local gallery scene.
Q)How do you define your style and how would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
A) I articulate space and the style changes with the project

Q)What materials do you use to realize your creations?

A)Right now I am working with oil on canvas but I have used fire, water, rope, steel, wool, vinyl and vegetation.

Q) What is your favorite a) taste b) sound c) sight d) scent e) tactile sensation?

A)I don't have any favorites per se


Q) What are you doing now…your current projects…

A)I am working on a three part series entitled SPACES
Q) Do you listen to music while you’re creating and what do you listen and what do you like to listen?
A)Right now I am a big coldplay fan

Q) Do you draw influences from a wide range of artists, musicians, books…?
A)Y es, mostly artists and architects
Q)Name 3 things you couldn’t create without?

A)My brain, the brains of my audience, and my wife

Q) Where have you show your art…?

A)New York, Santa Barbara, Death Valley and Palm Springs

Q) What haven’t you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

A)An installation between the skyscrapers in New York

Q) How important is self-promotion for an artist nowadays?

A) The only thing more important is the work itself

Q) Would you say that your work consciously reflects characters and situations found within your daily life?

A)Not really, my work is very internal and comes directly from a point of view inside my mind

Q) Favourite book?

A) a primer of visual literacy, by Dondis

Q) Designers/Artists you admire?

A)Rothko. De Kooning, Pollack, Le Corbusier, Albequerque and Stark to name just a few

Q) Your contacts….e-mail…links…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home