The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Interview with Eric Shaw





q) Well, first of all please tell us a little about yourself.



a)I'm 26 years old. i'm left handed. I was born on may 26th. I was born in Connecticut. I moved to Massachusetts when i turned 12. My Mother works in radio. I almost cut my finger off in the studio. I was working on this plastic tube with a razor blade and it slipped. I almost lost a finger when i was 12. The Doctor sewed it back on. The finger is fine. It looks just like the rest of my other fingers, Claudio. I spent a lot of time in highschool with drug dealers and girls.



q) Had you always planned on being an artist [or had you other hopes]?



a)I had always planned on being an artist. I came out of my Mothers womb, feet first, with a pen in my hand, holding it like a dagger, I landed on the Hospital floor, and drew the words "ah, shit" on the Floor.

I have a Brother who goes by the name, Liam. He dabbled in graffiti, and other vandalism at the age of 10 years. His tag name was "decoy"



q) Do you have a preferred medium to work on? Why?



a)I use pens to draw with and gouache to draw with when i am using a brush. An art collector told me to start painting so I had a friend of mine steal me nearly thirty tubes of gouache. He is very good at what he does.



q) How would you describe your style?



a)I often describe my style as somewhere between Kenny G and Shrek. This is what i tell people when they ask me to describe it unless i am drunk. Then i ramble about process.



q) Do you go through any certain processes while trying to produce your work?



a)Yep, hiccup.



q) What are you working on at present?



a)I'm working on small drawings, big drawings, small paintings, and big paintings.



q) What about recent sources of inspirations?



a)human beings. poses. personalities, marijuana, looking for art, food, passionate people, beautiful people.



q) What are some of your obsessions?



a)cleaning my house because i have trouble on working on art when dishes are in the sink and my studio is in my home.



q) If people would like to contact you, how would you like to be contacted?



a)You can contact me by phone at 1 978-390-1747 write me at ericdrawshaw@yahoo.com



q) Do you have any suggestions or advice for artists that are just starting out?



a)just something really lame and vague like " Keep on doing what you're doing and keep trying and trying until someone says 'nice'. "



q)Who are your favorite artists?



a)Mark Bittman. He 's a minimalist



q) What books are on your nightstand?



a)the crystal world by jg Ballard, 2666 by roberto Bolano, the sweeper up after artists by Irving Sandler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home