The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Monday, July 31, 2006

Interview with Farmer Bob (aka. Robert Hardgrave)

1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)I'm a middle aged white dude living in the northwest section of theStates. I am average height and weight, have short hair and a beard.

2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?

2)I suppose so. I wake up in the morning thinking about drawing andspend a good portion of my day drawing.

3)What is creativity?

3)Using that special portion of your brain to problem solve and imaginethings. I feel you don't need to be an "artist" to use yourcreativity. It's instinctual.

4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?

4)It can at times. In the spring time I tend to draw a lot more treesand vegetation sorts of things and in the fall I use yellows, orangesand browns. I am more influenced by human condition and circumstancethough.

5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?

5)Music, other artists, cultural art, life, death, disease...

6)What's your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc.)to workin/on?

6)Ink is number one along with any water based paint that flows well.

7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?

7)There are so many. Any artist where you can see that they love whatthey are doing. I love art that looks as if it just flows from theperson.

8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?

8)It is really hard to say. I work on about 20 things or more at a time.I get ideas for other things while I'm working on something else. Iwork at a steady pace I would say.

9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?

9)Music, eating good food, visiting with friends, meeting new people...

10)Got any new projects planned?

10)I just finished up a bunch of work for an exhibit at BLK/MRKT in LA,(http://www.blkmrktgallery.com/), which is still hanging throughAugust 19th. I am preparing for another exhibit for this November atBLVD Gallery, (http://blvdart.com/), here in Seattle with WarrenDykeman. I am making a new snowboard design for Morrow in the nextcouple of weeks.

11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?

11)Fantastical, organic, lush, graphic, contrasting...

12)What other talent would most like to have?

12)Super speed to do all the things I want to get done. Or maybe just beable to stop time.

13)What are your most beloved items?

13)My wife, my hands, my health.

14)Favourite books?

14)I just picked up MARGARET KILGALLEN - THE SWEET BYE AND BYE. It is atthe top of my list right now.


15)Do you remember the first draw you made?

15)I remember drawing the images from my lunch boxes in kindergarten.Mickey Mouse and Snoopy.

16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen.And is the musicimportant for your art.?

16)Metal is my all time favorite music. It is the only music I craveeveryday. I believe it appeals to me by the way my brain operates. Itis very important to my drawing process.


17)Any advice do you have for artists?

17)Be honest, enjoy what you are making and make work for yourself asmuch as possible.

18)Your contacts.E-mail..Links.

18)http://farmerbobsfarm.com/
http://artdorks.com/collective/
http://www.blkmrktgallery.com/
http://blvdart.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home