The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Interview with Scott Radke


1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)Scott Radke, born Cleveland OH. October, 27 1970. I make marionettes and other sculpture.

2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?
2)I suppose though I don't really challenge what art means or even care to think about stuff like that.I just like to create things and if that's art then so be it.

3)What is creativity?
3)It’s the product of what happens when you do something so long you no longer have to think about what or how your doing it.

4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?
4)Sure. environment has its advantages and disadvantages. I have not found one I didn't evolve into in some way though I would like to live away from the city right now.I am inspired by Cleveland's industrial landscape but I guess it really doesn't show all that much in my work.

5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?
5)Faces, eyes. Expressions. Something pretty and dirty together. Nature.

6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?
6)Whatever I am working with at the time but for now it’s clay, paint, and found objects. I didn't think anything would ever make me put drawing aside but I really don't draw all that much these days.I know who important it is and I'll get back to it eventually.

7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?
7)
John Casey, Audrey Kawasaki, Kevin Titzer, Myna Sonou, Chris Sickels

8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?
8)it depends on what it is and how many other pieces I am working on at the same time. I think I could make one or two marionettes a month but I generally do things in sets so I never really know exactly how long one piece takes.

9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?
9)Being a parent, animals, plants,

10)Got any new projects planned?
10)I just finished a very big project for
Suhail Design it will be part of a display in a new restaurant -De La Costa based in Chicago.For now I am going to try a few new things and see where I end up next.

11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
11)Hmm. dark, moody with a sense of humor. A nice balance of happy, sad, thoughtful characters.

12)What other talent would most like to have?
12)I'm pretty happy with what I do now but to play an instrument with just a little talent would be nice.

13)What are your most beloved items?
13)My home.

14)Do you remember the first draw you made?
14)Not sure if it was my first or not but whenever I think about that I remember this crayon drawing with birds. I remember how I was trying to paint them as they looked when they were flying and how they looked like a crown or something like that.

15)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music importan for your art…?
15)Sometimes. I used to have to listen to it in order to work but nowadays I prefer quiet. Windows open and just listening to the sounds around me.I like a lot of music though.

16)Any advice do you have for artists?
16)Do what you love no matter what. creating anything without some feeling of love for it is just pointless.

17)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…
17)
scott@scottradke.com
www.scottradke.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home