The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Interview with Valerio Pierbattista

q) When did you start to make art?

a)In 2003 I think. Not too long ago.

q) Explain your inspiration?

a)My very first inspiration came from a book of Andy Warhol. I was so fascinated with how Warhol was painting these canvases, it looked so mysterious and fascinating. I linked Warhol’s work to the work of Gidget Gein, and boom… anyone can make art, art is just another tool to express dissent, hope, fear… a world opened up in front of my eyes.

q) In what way does your inspiration transform into ideas?

a)I basically start with an idea and then I just start testing things, matching colours with copying techniques. And I get a painting.

q) Could your ideas be portrayed in any other medium? If so which?

a)Filmaking. I love that. I wanna be a director when I grow up.


q) What does being an artists mean to you?

a)Leaving a trace. Being remembered. Being miserable.

q) When does your art become successful?

a)When I finally get to fully love my work.

q) Who prices your work? And how is the price decided upon?

a)I price them. It depends on the size, on how long I worked on it, and how much I love it. The higher the price, the more I don’t want to separate from it. Prices ranges from 50€ and up.

q) What is your next; move,project,show etc?

a)I’ve a couple of art shows that aren’t confirmed yet. You can find everything on my website.

q) What are the pros and cons of the art market?

a)If you are able to get in (which is the hardest part I guess) and get some good collectors that buy your work, you can be able to live on that which would be wonderful. The problem is not when, the problem is IF. Because all art is good really… and it doesn’t depend on the artist, but on third parts.

q) Which pieces would you like to be remembered for?

a)Harsh question. I didn’t paint anything worth remembering yet I think.


q) Who has been the biggest influence on you?

a)Andy Warhol above all. Then Basquiat, Twombly and Gidget Gein.

q)Other visual artists that you like…

a)Banksy, Obey, Jenny Seville, Hirst … I don’t know many.

q) How much do you think hype affects the public perception of what good art is?

a)Like I said before all art is good, it’s the dealers that make collectors like something rather then another. But there is some art that just sticks out of the mass on its own, and that’s special.

q) Last CD you downloaded ?

a)Goon Moon – Licker’s last leg

q) What makes you happy?

a)Fulfilling goals, which doesn’t happen often lately eheh.


q) What makes you sad?

a)Not being able to create. It’s not only saddening, it’s scary.

q) Last book you read?

a)A catalogue of Damien Hirst. Oh and: “Allen Carr's Easyway To Stop Smoking®”, but I didn’t finish that yet.

q) What else do like other than art?

a)Movies.

q) Final thoughts...

a)Whip the willow, pierce the lung.

q)Your contacts…

a)
omegaiori@yahoo.it
www.valeriopierbattista.info

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ma ci sta una versione per i non colti in inglese? :(

marchebbaut

10:37 AM  
Blogger zzz_art said...

best work

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home