The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Friday, May 04, 2012

Interview with Matteo Cocci








q)Introduce yourself, name,age, location.


a)I am Matteo Cocci I have 37 years and i live and work in Prato near Florence,  Italy.

q) Can you describe your path to being an artist? When did you really get into it?


a)it is a necessity, I studied in art schools, but not necessary.


q) Describe your ideals and how they manifest in your work.


a)my ideal is a form of ignorance, not intellectual, not weight.
paint with a technique that does not teach at school.


q) Is music a part of your studio time? What do you listen to?


a)listening to everything. from Napalm Death to Pascal Comelade.
I hate Giovanni Allevi


q) How would you describe your work to someone?


a)I try to paint what I think  when they are unconscious,
with all that I find, paper, color, bitumen and use much the cutter.
just use the brush.


q) Influences?


a)Jean Dubuffet and Art Brut, Karel Appel and Cobra, Klee, Federico Fellini ,Gianni Celati, and the art of children .


q) Describe your process for creating new work.


a)I do not know what to do, but I try to do it as fast as possible and without thinking.
then follow a track.


q) What advice do you have for artists looking to show their work?


a)not to show up when looking around do not see much of their best.
  and stay away from fashion , galleries and critics.


q) What are you really excited about right now?


a)of my two daughters.


q) What do you love most about where you live?


a)that is the place where I was born


q) Best way to spend a day off?


read all day


q) Upcoming shows/ projects?


a)will soon be made ​​of the prints of my work, which will be sold in a chain of Italian libraries and have a low price so that even those who normally can not buy art buy., is a very interesting project. I really like the libraries.


q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet?


a)this is my portfolio ,www.matteococci.it
and writing my name in google something jumps out.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home