The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Interview with ART/C






q)Walk us through an intimate day in your life

a)I start praying gratefully for everything, I have my coffee and enjoy the silent for a while.  I start walking on the medina collecting inspiration, another beautiful day.

q) Where did you grow up/where do you live now and how does that contribute to your art?

a)I grow up in Jerusalem and currently I live in Marrakech. I think the journey from one place to another with the growing up process with yourself and your creativity contribute to make me question about the past, the memory, the culture which I bring to my work in every collection its is always very personal.

q) What is your earliest memory that propelled you to create?

a)I remember at my parents house every Friday before Shabbat starts, we use to watch Egyptian movies in black and white, it was magic for me, creating memories. I do believe that actually propelled me to be a designer.


q) Tell us a little bit about your creative process.

a)It always starts with a story, I am trying to create a moment that I can keep with me long after is gone, the visual and the image are the beginning of all of it, as I do one of a kind piece I create without making sense or a line, when I arrive to the point that I fell ready I take all the pieces and build the story that create a collection.

q) How do you wish for your art to be perceived?

a)I think one should look at it with his own eyes. But I would love to be perceived as a timeless way of expressing oneself.

q) What do your internal dialogues sound like?

a)I do not really know how they sound but I love how they look.

q) Do you feel that there are limitations to what you want to create?

a)I think if there are limitation there is no creativity. There is absolutely freedom on my creation with no limits.

q) Do you feel art is vital to survival and if so, why?

a)Of course, it is the dialog, it is the thinking, the expressing oneself, the hope, art is life.

q) Describe a world without art.

a)Hurt. I do not want to describe.

q) Tell us a secret, and obsession.

a)If I tell you it won't be a secret anymore, sorry. Obsession, Order and clean freak.


q) Where can people see more of your work on the internet?

a)On my web www.art-c-fashion.com.


1 Comments:

Blogger Ben A. said...

REALLY THAT'S INTERSTING

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home