The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Interview with Knotan

Q) So, can you tell me a little about yourself? Full name, age, some background info, etc?

A)Knotan ( Can`t tell my real name cos I could be your mom!)
33 years old.
Born I Örnsköldsvik (North part of Sweden)
Now works and living in Stockholm.
Living with someone.
3 years of photography school.

Q) How did you get started making art?

A)I was kind of lousy in school and couldn`t concentrate of nothing.
After school I was unemployd for a long time.
And when I got a job I didn’t like it.
So I started to study photography. Now here I am.

Q) How would you describe your art?

A)Funny, honest, peaces of my life.

Q) Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

A)Everywere!

Q) What are you working on now?

A)Getting our new studio ready to work in.
I’m working to get a book done (photography book) Any one who know a publisher?
And with the book I want a to have an exhibition.



Q) How do you approach the creation of a new piece... how does everything come together?

A)A lot of thinking and there always have to be an ideà even if it doesn`t look like that. sometimes it’s just comes spontaneously

Q) What's your favorite medium to work in, and why?

A)Photography. Cos I can’t write or paint!

Q) Do you collect anything?

A)I can’t collect things cos our apartment is too small.

Q)Is your work all hand done? Or do you use any computer tools to help out?

A)I develop all my pictures in the computer cos I use a digital camera.



Q) What, in your opinion, are the best and worst places to exhibit artwork?

A)Best: Where people appreciate it.
Worst: Where people doesn`t appreciate it.

Q) What are your artistic influences?

A)My life.

Q) How are the reactions on your work in general?

A)Hard to answer. Some love it some hate it!
13) What are you doing when you are not creating art?
Trying to ride my skateboard. Started to skate a year ago.

Q) What are some of the greatest challenges that you think artists face today?

A)That there are so many artists that are so good so you have to fight to get where you want to and get your work published.



Q) What is freedom to you as an artist?

A)To have people that understand and support the things that you do and to do whatever you want.

Q) Are there any particular works you've done that stand out as your favorites?

A)A naked man and a woman sitting beside each other with swimming rings.

Q) What it the coolest thing you have seen recently while wandering the streets?

A)A chiuaua met a grand danois (small dog met a big dog)I don’t know if it spelled that way?

Q) Do you carry a notebook? Do you draw in public?

A)No!



Q) Who are your favourite artists & Your favourite galleries?

A)Oh I really don’t go to ant gallerys often so I can’t say that I have a favourite.
There are so many!

Q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

A)He he I can always do another copy and another and another..........

Q)Your contacts….E-mail…links

A)Knotan
Vikingagatan 24
113 42 Stockholm
Sweden
knotan@knotan.com
http://www.knotan.com
Phone: +46739947344


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home