The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Interview with Chuck Hodi

q)Something on you ….

a)My name is Chuck Hodi, I live in the Los Angeles area. I work with charcoal and pastels. I guess I would be considered a Dark Artist and a True Crime, Portrait Artist. I create two types of art; my dark art which I call “Corrosion Art” that consists of decay, death, and rotten themes with a semi beautiful twist, and my True Crime art which is portraits of Serial Killers and commission work.

q) When did you start to make art?

a)I started drawing during my senior year of high school and began taking my art a little more seriously last year, 2006.

q)Explain your inspiration?

a)I would have to admit that industrial music is my main inspiration. It really helps me get those dark ideas out. Basically what ever music I’m listening to at the time inspires me the most.

q) In what way does your inspiration transform into ideas?

a)What I hear helps me visually.

q) Could your ideas be portrayed in any other medium? If so which?

a)Besides a kick ass art piece that you can hang on your wall? Hmm, anything you want it to be; album cover, flier, poster, comic book, toilet paper, what ever!

q) What does being an artists mean to you?

a)Make a living off your art.

q) When does your art become successful?

a)I would have to say in February of 2007, when I had my first solo show at the Hyaena Gallery in Burbank, Ca. It was a Serial Killer show.




q) Who prices your work? And how is the price decided upon?

a)I price my work. I always want to keep my work affordable so people like me can buy it. It all depends how much time and money I spend on a piece.

q) What is your next; move,project,show etc?

a)I have no idea. If I don’t have any dreams, I can’t fail right? Haha!

q) What are the pros and cons of the art market?

a)Pros? You mean there are pros in the art market? Actually the only gallery I prefer having my art at is the Hyaena Gallery. I show at other galleries once in while, but very rarely. Other than that, I’m my own businessman. I find it best that way, at least for me.

q) Which pieces would you like to be remembered for?

a)That’s a weird question because most of the pieces that I hate, most people seem love and vice versa. I don’t know, pick one!

q) Who has been the biggest influence on you?
a)To tell you the truth, the people that commission me are the biggest influence. They let me know what they want and I find it a challenge that is fairly rewarding in the end. It helps me as an artist by trying new things.


q)Other visual artists that you like…

a)My favourite artist has been Menglef for 7 years now. To me, he is a “true artist”.


q) How much do you think hype affects the public perception of what good art is?

a)Beats me! Any exposure is good exposure, whether positive or negative.

q) Last CD you downloaded ?

a)Downloaded? I don’t do that! That’s illegal! Last CD I listened to was Dawn of Ashes – Crypt Injection

q) What makes you happy?

a)Selling my art or getting commissions makes me truly happy because it shows that someone actually likes my art enough buy it!

q) What makes you sad?

a)My day job.



q) Last book you read?

a)The Satanic Bible by Anton LaVey.

q) What else do like other than art?

a)I’m big fan of serial killers and my hot and talented girlfriend!

q) Final thoughts...

a)Not at the moment.



q)Your contacts…

a)

www.chuckhodi.net
www.myspace.com/chuckhodistudios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home