The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Interview with ChrissaStar(aka.Chrissa Arazny)






1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?
1)I live in Seattle, was born in Wisconsin, and spent a couple years in Arizona. I am 30-ahem, something and am recently married. My favorite thing to do is go out to dinner with friends. My favorite environment is my house with every light on and every t.v. on, in every room. I have a pierced tongue, but no tattoos, and getting a massage is the absolute best thing in the world, ever. I think I would be a much nicer person if someone would rub my feet for like, 24 hours straight once a week...


2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?
2)That's about the only way I think of myself. In every other aspect I'm a mess. I have no business being in the working world. I've had about 30 jobs since I was 16. I drive everyone I know crazy complaining about how I'm not running some fabulous art venue. It's really annoying...the only thing I really think of myself as, is an artist.


3)What is creativity?
3)When something makes you think...makes you go away from the moment you are in...it could be something different, unexpected, new, or something so familiar...personal, intimate.


4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?
4)I've lived in different areas & I've had a lot of different types of studios. I can't say that those particular environments influence my art. It's really my personal environment that changes/adds to my work. ...my relationships and my emotional environment. Some of it will never sell because the piece is about a messy break-up...


5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?
5)My influences all run from my time in college. My studio/classmates, who I stole shamelessly from, a couple of my professors. Gustav Klimpt, Egon Schiele, fashion photography....
My inspirations come from the music I am listening to at the moment, and probably an Ernest Hemingway story. A lot of times I find a song(s) or story I am reading, and it runs parallel to what is going on with me at the time, and I draw or paint the story. One huge inspiration to me is the time I spend with two of my fellow artists. We have "Art Day" and lock ourselves somewhere with paper, paint, wine, and music. Those days are insanely inspirational.


6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?
6)Sennelier pastel, rives rolled paper, charcoal sticks, erasers, and brown coloured pencil. Add secret ingredient, glitter.


7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?
7)Gustav Klimt, Mark Ryden, Jenna Colby, Egon Schiele, Erin Norlin, Judith Kindler, Lori Earley, Milton Avery, Denise G, Jaq Cartier, Faryn Davis, Edward Steichen, Claire Johnson, Kamala Dolphin-Kingsley, Mark Rothko, etc, etc, etc......


8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?
8)Anywhere between a day and a month. ...or two.

9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?
9)Sex.


10)Got any new projects planned?
10)No...on purpose. I go through little withdrawl periods. I'm in one now...hiding.


11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?
11)I would have a hard time with that. I think my explaination would be too lengthy to write here. Since I can't answer this question, I'll give you my husbands answer: " Go swinging for an hour, have a glass of red wine, and touch the person next to you."


12)What other talent would most like to have?
12)I wish I could sing. It must feel amazing to release your emotions in such a primal, explosive way. But since I care about the people in my life, I don't sing. Ever.


13)What are your most beloved items?
13)My journals, my antique rings, my photographs, my perfume, my sheets. Also, a box my mom painted a norweigian nisse on for me when I was little.


14)Favourite books?
14)The Unbearable Lightness of Being, The Traveler's Wife, A Moveable Feast...actually anything from, or on, Ernest Hemingway. Biographies and auto's on pretty much anyone interest me.


15)Do you remember the first draw you made?
15)The very first one? Mmm, no. I do remember drawing the person sitting next to me in fourth grade, being very impressed with myself. I remember when she saw it she got mad and told me she was prettier than that. She drew a coffee mug. Whatever.


16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music important for your art…?
16)I pretty much have always listened to alternative music. I clubbed during the 80's alternative time, so anything from then I pretty much love nostalgically. Kexp is the local alt. station that I listen to pretty much exclusively here. Music is extremely important to my art. I did one series where I was listening to Aimee Mann's "Lost in Space" album over and over and the entire series told a story of one of her songs. "Moth" especially....


17)Any advice do you have for artists?
17)When I can finally wake up and go into my studio instead of dress appropriately for work I'll share some advice. But for now I'm in the take advice section in my life. I'll get back to ya.


18)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…
18)
www.chrissastar.com
chrissastar@yahoo.com
coming up stuff on:
http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home