The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Interview with David Foldvari

1)So, can you tell me a little about yourself? Full name, age, some background info, etc?
1)David foldvari, 32, born Budapest, currently living in Brighton, always looking for somewhere else to live.

2) How did you get started making art?
2)I’ve been drawing stuff as far back as I can remember.

3)How would you describe your art?
3)I get this question a lot, and I never have a clever answer for it. How would you describe it?

4)Where do you get the inspiration for your art?
4)Anything that bugs me or makes me think in some way has a tendency to inspire me. I think maybe a lot of things bug me and doing what I do seems to be a good outlet for that.

5)What are you working on now?
5)I normally try to balance commercial work with personal projects as much as I can. Too much commercial work makes me restless, but too much personal work makes me feel aimless, so I have to keep a balance. Right now I’m working on an ad campaign for DDBO in Amsterdam, and I have some stuff to do for Arena Magazine. I've just finished a campaign for Wieden Kenedy London. In the last few months I've had no time for personal work, so consequently I'm feeling a bit restless.

6)Are there some web sites that you would like to recomend?
6)I’m really into Robert Hardgrave's stuff right now, I think that guy is fuckin amazing. His site is http://www.farmerbobsfarm.com/.

7) What programs / materials / tools do you use to create your pieces?
7)I mainly just draw and paint and try to use my brain.

8) What advice would you give to younger up and coming artist?
8)Do something original and show it to everyone.

9) What is your personal definition of life and art and everything else in between?
9)What goes around comes around.

10) Do you think that art is a universal language - transcending all the different languages, cultures and religions etc?
10)Nope.

11) What are your artistic influences?
11)Eastern european illustration and animation from the 60's and 70's. I’m generally more influenced by circumstantial stuff than by other artists.

12) How are the reactions on your work in general?
12)people say 'what the fuck is wrong with you?'

13) Do you have many connections in the underground scene?
13)I'm not sure.

14) Tell us about a recent dream you had.
14)When I was travelling around Europe on my own, I had pretty much the same dream every night: I dreamt that I was in a really intense and close relationship with someone and they were sitting next to me and talking to me. Although the subject of the dream was the same every night, the person involved was always a complete stranger, and different every time - sometimes a girlfriend, other times a best friend or a family member, but never anyone I actually knew in real life. I'd wake up each morning and feel pissed off that they weren't there.Strange stuff goes on in your head when you're travelling alone.

15) What is freedom to you as an artist?
15)Freedom is the ability to do what you feel like doing, at any given time. Although too much freedom is not necessarily a good thing.

16) Are there any particular works you've done that stand out as your favorites?
16)The stuff I have on my site is usually my favourite work. I also do a lot of stuff I'm not happy with, but generally I try to keep quiet about that.

17) Last Books you read?
17)Chuck Palahniuk 'Haunted'. I’m gonna read Brett Easton Ellis 'Lunar Park' after I’ve finished 'Oracle Night' by Paul Auster, which I’m gonna start tonight.

18) Last record you bought?
18)'Bahl fwd' by Skream On Tectonics

19) Who are your favourite artists & Your favourite galleries?
19)I have no favourite galleries I can think of. My favourite artists are all musicians, I’m a lot more obsessive about music than I am about art.

20)Your contacts..E-mail.Links
20) http://www.davidfoldvari.co.uk
http://www.bigactive.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home