The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Friday, August 04, 2006

Interview with Gea*

1)First of all,..can you present yourself..?

1)Hello I’m Gea*.

2)Do you think of yourself as an artist,or what?

2)It’s what I do mostly.

3)What is creativity?

3)Not being able to sleep because you are inspired, calling out from your mundane job because you have to finish a project.

4)Does your environment influence your art,either in style/format or interference?

4)Somewhat, I live in a small room so all my paintings are pretty small.

5)What are some of your influences and inspirations?

5)I’m influenced by many things, film, music, comics, my life

6)What’s your favourite mediums(pen,charcoal,paint,canvas,etc…)to work in/on?

6)I like working with ink and acrylics on canvas. I also enjoy documenting, so I take many pictures and make little movies.

7)Who are some of your favourite painters/artists?

7)There’s to many but as far as contemporary artists go I have to say Andy Warhol and Trevor Brown.

8)How long does it normally take you to complete a piece of your artwork?

8)A day, a week, a year, 4 years…depends on the subject matter and how inspired I am.

9)What else are you interested in besides visual arts?

9)Cooking, traveling and my cat

10)Got any new projects planned?

10)I’m gonna try silkscreening soon and animation.

11)How would you describe your art to someone who could not see it?

11)An open diary in metaphors.

12)What other talent would most like to have?

12)I wish I could fly a plane, or play my guitar like Jimmy Page.

13)What are your most beloved items?

13)My books and movies.

14)Favourite books?

14)A few that come to mind are Story of the eye, Dark Spring, A Crack up at the Race Riots…there’s way too many. I read a lot.

15)Do you remember the first draw you made?

15)No

16)What kind of music do you like and do you listen…And is the music importan for your art…?

16)Music is not important to my creative process but I do love listening to it. Currently on my ipod I’ve been listening to Moonchild and Bikini Kill.

17)Any advice do you have for artists?

17)Be dedicated otherwise forget it. Be prepared not to be everyone’s darling and go through a lot of failures.

18)Your contacts…E-mail….Links…

18) email: gea@geaphiles.com

links: My website: http://geaphiles.com

livejournal: http://gea.livejournal.com

myspace: http://myspace.com/geaphiles

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was amazing, i dig the vibe gea* has

xoxo
iah

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home