The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Friday, September 15, 2006

Interview with Karin Frank


Q)So, can you tell me a little about yourself? Full name, age, some backround info, etc?

A)Karin Frank born 1972 -CV on my website


Q)How did you get started making art?

A)I was always drawing very much but my decision to choose a profession related to art I took with about 14


Q)How would you describe your art?

A)I always made mostly figurative sculpture and drawings


Q) Where do you get the inspiration for your art?

A)From the places I went, my personal life other people, here in Japan I started to draw the people in the places where I am going .




Q)What are you working on now?

A)Now I am in Japan. I have a grant to stay five months in Japan from the government of Austria. Here I make mostly drawings but back in Austria I start sculpting again.


Q) What's your favorite medium to work in, and why?

A)Drawing and woodsculpting


Q) What advice would you give to younger up and coming artist?

A)It’s to difficult, to many are making the art wich the market wants at the moment, but many galleries are exhibiting this persons. So my advises to give young artist would not help them to survive....... heading for a career should not be the most important in making art


Q) What is your personal definition of life and art and everything else in between?

A)I cannot separate my live from my "art" I am doing it is always present.




Q) If your persona were immortalized as a cartoon character, who would it be?

A)I don´t know


Q) What are your artistic influences?

A)I feel closest to the european tradition and all art I see has influence for my work.


Q) How are the reactions on your work in general?

A)different


Q) What are you doing when you are not creating art?

A)Going somewhere here in Japan I have a sketchbook with me but there are days when I am just looking… and if I want to draw I do it. In vienna on sundays I mostly don´t go in my studio I spend my day with my boyfriend.




Q) Tell us about a recent dream you had.

A)Waking up in another place


Q) What is freedom to you as an artist?

A)To make what one feels and not that art which the market wants



Q) Last Books you read?

A)Something about Japan


Q) Last records you bought?

A)My first japaneese cd .




Q) Who are your favourite artists & Your favourite galleries?

A) Different


Q) Which do you think make good art good? originality, or style? And, why?

A)Originality also if one make it good as craftsmanship


Q)Your contacts….E-mail…Links

A)
http://www.karinfrank.com
karin@karinfrank.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home