The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Interview with Chris Scarborough

q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)My name is Chris Scarborough

q) Where do you live and work?

a)I live in Nashville, Tennessee

q) How did you started? How have you realized you wanted to become an artist?

a)Making art is something I've always done. I started painting and doodling when I was about 3 I think, and so it's just something I've grown up doing. I'm not sure when exactly I thought I wanted to be an "artist" in the professional sense. I fell into after other things didn't work out.

q) What materials do you use and why?

a)The work I've done mostly in last few years has been photography and drawing, and before that painting. I try and use the medium that best expresses the concept I'm trying to relate.

q) Who is your biggest influence, both art and non-art related

a)I've really been attracted to the gamut of Asian art history lately, and posters and paintings from the communist revolution in China. I also look at a lot of Television and movies, I'm really interested in how we digest these mediums. And Taxidermy, I really like looking at taxidermy.

q) How do you dream up with your wacky ideas? What is your creation process?

a)A lot of what I like to do is play with the context of images. How we look at images and interpret them based on our experiences, and how those meanings can change based on.

q) What haven't you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)Hmm, lots of international travel probably.

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Sure. Neo Rauch, Tom Friedman, Vik Muniz, Paulo Ventura, Uta Barth, Ed Ruscha are some of my favorites at the moment.

q) How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

a)l usually take about 1 month up to 2 months to finish a piece, depending on what it is.


q) What music, if any, do you like to have on while you're working?

a)I've been listening the the I-tunes radio station "Secret Agent" a lot lately, it plays alot of eclectic mixex of electronica, big big band, and mixes in this spy movie flavor.

q) Do you do many art shows?

a)Yes, I try to keep busy and have things on my plate.

q) Tell us about a recent dream you had.

a)This may sound strange, but I rarely if ever remember my dreams, maybe I'm a REALLY heavy sleeper.

q) What are you doing when you are not creating?

a)I read, play video games, watch movies, think about what I'm going to make next.

q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

a)No, I don't think I'm very emotionally attached to my work, at least after it's finished. I'm usually off to the next idea, and that has me more excited than what I just finished.

q) What new projects or exhibits are in your future?

a)I've got a solo show right now at Rhodes College in Memphis, TN. Later this summer I'll have a solo show at ArtSpace in Raliegh, NC, and I'm doing a two person show at TAG Gallery (
www.tagartgallery.com) in Nashville this fall.

q) What is your favourite art related web site?

a)I just found a photographer I like, Brian Ulrich, has a blog that find very interesting at the moment:
http://www.notifbutwhen.com


q) What is the strangest thing you have ever seen?

a)Someone I know getting hit in the head with a firework on the fourth of July.

q) What is the strangest thing you have ever done?

a)I didn't do this, but it happened to me. Someone I didn't know came up and tipped at my own art opening once.

q) Any advice you can pass onto aspiring artists/designers?

a)Having time to make work is a big thing for me, I think it helps you to slow down a little, think and consider what you are trying to do better.


q)your contacts..e-mail.links

a)email:
atomicbutter@scarboy.net
website: www.scarboy.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home