The eXTra finGer

...''He was counting on his fingers.One two three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven.Eleven?Had he been born with an extra finger?''...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Italy

...& visit my web sites: Claudio Parentela's Official Site ''Claudio Parentela:Contemporary Art with a Freakish Taste!'' Lights&Shadows Disturbing Black Inks http://www.myspace.com/claudioparentela

Google

Friday, March 02, 2007

Interview with Jennifer Nehrbass


q) Introduce yourself first please?

a)Jennifer Nehrbass

q) Where do you live and work?

a)I live and work in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA
come visit!!

q) How did you started? How have you realized you wanted to become an artist?

a)I started painting when I met someone at my corporate job who just graduated from art school. We decided to swap part of my apartment for part of her painting studio. Once I caught the urge to paint, I decided everything else was a diversion.

q) What's your favorite medium to work in, and why?

a)I prefer oil painting on canvas. Oil painting is immediate, organic and challanging.

q) Do you draw influences from a wide range of artists, musicians, books…?

a)That changes from year to year. Consistently I look to the films of Hitchcock, Kubrick, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet. I Iove to read, and enjoy Kazuo Ishiguro and Isabel Allende.


q) Do you rule by any tendency in your creative work, or you only follow what comes in your mind?

a)Each work must have complexities between the person and the environment.

q) What haven’t you done yet that you definitely want to try someday?

a)I would love to work with a director and help style a film.

q) Are there any contemporary artists that you love?

a)Jennifer Pastor Cindy Sherman
Mattew Barney Philip- Lorca diCorcia
Louis Bourgios

q) How long does it take for you to finish a piece?

aDepending on the size, 1-3 months




q) What music, if any, do you like to have on while you're working?

a)Phillip Glass
Regina Spektor
Niko Case
Emmy Lou Harris
Beirut

q) Do you do many art shows?

a)It has started to pick up since graduating from school. I average 3 per year.

q) Favorite clothing setup?

a)Lipstick and beads for certain, the rest whatever is clean.



q) What are you doing when you are not creating?

a)Hiking in the mountains or mesas, watching movies, drinking wine, or working on the house or garden.

q) Do you get emotionally attached to your work and do you miss your work when it is sold?

a)No I don't miss them. Once they are done they have a life of their own giving room for the next painting to arrive.

q) What new projects or exhibits are in your future?

a)I will be in group show in Linz Austria at Gallery Brunnhofer this may, and will have work in a solo show at the Mark Moore gallery in Santa Monica next year.



q) Describe your work space.

a)I work in a small space I rent . I prefer to keep it sparce with only a few props that are used as reference or inspiration. The light is good and I can see the mountains from the window. I can walk from my house and my dog is allowed to accompany me.

q)your contacts….e-mail…links

a)

www.jennifernehrbass.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home